Sunday, September 27, 2009

A new day in C-town

I learned about G.A.G. in Leadershape more than 8 months ago, and would like to apply it once again to my life. G.A.G., or Going Against the Grain, is something that you have previously been lacking at, and you pick it out and target it for an extended amount of time in order to make improvements.

In the past, I have attempted to, for at least a few times, write a blog continuously. Every time I ended up with some random excuse and left my poor blog bereft of care for ages. Therefore, my G.A.G. this time is to follow up with this post and exemplify the word "sustainability". To add to the G.A.G. and spice things up, I will try to use different languages in my posts--so don't hold me accountable for any horrendous grammatical mistake in Japanese. (or in English...?)

AND I moved into my new apartment with fellow fraternity brother Hank. These days have been filled with an intense amount of furniture-shopping. And after things settle down, our abode will surely look like a palace--Ikea style. Will post pictures later.

Tomorrow's the first day of work at Optiver. Life as a trader is soon to take off, and the most troublesome thing is that I don't know what to expect for work. Anxiously lost, I guess I'll soon find out. At this point in life, things are getting exciting and life is becoming vivid, but there still exists a certain degree of emptiness in my mind. Finding a purpose in life and going after it is a difficult task. Some people accomplish it in no time--it seems like it, but at the transition between student life and work life, I have yet to find it. Can't afford to be in the dark for much longer, I tell myself.

1 comment: